The drawbot is going well. All problems I had were down to my average math skills. I've since bought a new tape measure with bigger numbers and lines on it. My studio has relocated; the drawbot is currently set up on a smaller scale, on a 900x1200mm board, suited for drawing on A2 paper. Parts for a larger machine have been ordered so I can go back to drawing at 1500mm wide (the widest paper I could buy) The new machine has an SD card reader and LCD screen so there will be no need to have it tethered to a laptop. Exciting times.
Before I downsized the drawbot, I managed to draw a life sized Bertha on some scrap paper. It turned out wonderfully
Then I tried to draw four Berthas, giving the machine a vector image. Four turned into 24.
Sporadic rants of an angry queer feminist artist. Regular updates on Instagram